I Can't Breathe Anymore
Visando de promover seu primeiro trabalho solo, David Gilmour com sua banda, executou cinco músicas do seu álbum no The Roxy Studios em Long Island, NY. Um projeto da CBS que resultou em 5 vídeos ao vivo em estúdio. Os músicos tocando com David eram seu irmão Mark Gilmour (guitarra), Rick Wills (baixo), Ian McLagan (teclados) e Willie Wilson (bateria). Quatro dessas performances foram filmadas (faixas 2-5) sendo então disponibilizadas em um vídeo promocional da CBS, enquanto que a outra (faixa 1), só pode ser vista durante uma transmissão da TV italiana (BBC 07). Todas as faixas foram mixadas em mono (não existem informações de um mix estéreo dessas performances). A qualidade é excelente, apenas a instrumental "Mihalis" é um pouco inferior. Boa audição!
London, The Roxy Studios, May 1978
2013 remastered audio
02. There's No Way Out Of Here
03. So Far Away
04. No Way
05. I Can't Breathe Anymore
tracks 2-5: CBS Promotional ¾” U-Matic tape
track 1: Italian TV broadcast
Mp3 - 320 Kbps - 48 kHz
mediafire (53,31 MB)
mediafire (87,18 MB)
Curiously, most circulating copies from the CBS video have a speed problem and run a semi-tone too low. It is obvious when comparing to the pitch of these songs on the album, and also when observing the notes played in the video:
- There's No Way Out Of Here was played in E minor during the promo performance and on the album, but the audio from the CBS video is in E flat minor
- So Far away was played in C major during the promo performance and on the album, but the audio from the CBS video is in B major
- No Way was played in D minor during the promo performance and the version on the album was probably speed-up because it is in E flat minor; again, the audio from the CBS video is one semi-tone lower that the real performance, in C sharp minor
- I Can't Breate Anymore was played in A major during the promo performance and on the album, but the audio from the CBS video is in A flat major
Therefore, for these 4 tracks, the audio was speed corrected. The other track, from Italian TV, was running at correct speed.
All tracks have been carefully remastered in order to manually correct some flaws (drop-outs, crackles) and make them sound as good as possible. They are presented here in the same running order as on the David Gilmour 1978 album, beginning with Mihalis and ending with I Can't Breathe Anymore. The soundquality of Mihalis is slightly inferior compared to the tracks taken from the U-Matic tape (these ones sound superb!).
O vídeo contêm na integra a transmissão da TV Italiana (BBC 7)